Sunday Reading: Hype, Frogs and Condoms
We’re currently in a curious sort of lull, that time between Bush’s last television interruption and January 20th, or what I’m calling Obamapalooza. If you’re headed down to D.C. in the next few days, best of luck and more power to you. In case you’re not, here are some links to keep you occupied.
- ADVICE: Students from all over the country help Obama with his homework.
- IM: Obama may get to keep his Blackberry, but for his staff, IM must become a thing of the past.
- MRS. O: Speculation heats up around the world on what Michelle Obama will wear to the inauguration.
- FROGS: No More Frogs to Kiss teaches young girls how to survive on their own in these tough economic times. And yet, girls in India are still marrying frogs.
- WINE: What do you do with oak wine casks when they are no longer sufficient? Turn them into hotels, of course. Dude, I had no idea they were that big.
- SEX: Durex’s controversial new campaign shows how animal condoms get it on
- SNL: From Will Ferrell’s bizarrely accurate imitation of a Bush farewell 8 yrs ago to the new Gitmo goes out of business ad, SNL proves that it’s never really lost it’s political savviness.
- PHOTOS: From the first digitally scanned photo to the first human photographed, check out this interesting chronicle of photography firsts.
- PANTS: Why does global No Pants Day in the subways have to be in the winter?
Website of the Week: LittleSis.org. As per the homepage, “LittleSis is an involuntary facebook of powerful Americans, collaboratively edited by people like you.” So sign in and add your little bits of wisdom to Madeleine Albright or Sarkozy‘s profiles. We know you stalk them anyway.