11 Power Songs to Get You Through Finals Week
Disclaimer: As someone semi-notorious for having playlists ranging from Frank Sinatra to Rihanna, Skrillex to the Four Tops, and Keith Urban to Ani DiFranco, don’t count on seamless transitions here. As a soon-to-be graduate — I’d love to pass along some favorite study tunes of mine over the years. Browse around, and find one (or all!) to be your anthem(s). Good luck!
1. The Final Countdown by Europe
No explanation needed. Get ready to rumble, as the 80s would tell you (seriously, check out that hair). Perfect pump-up song for almost any occasion.
2. Stronger (What Doesn’t Kill You) by Kelly Clarkson
Seriously, how could I dare to call myself American without a rockin’ Kelly Clarkson song? This song is PERFECT for almost any life event (Finals week? check. Break up or love life drama? check. Sports loss? check.) Get up and kick some butt. Now. Kelly’s got your back.
3. Tonight is the Night by Outasight
Yeah it is, get s*** done!
4. Carry on My Wayward Son by Kansas
…they’ll be peace when you are done! I know, almost as cliche as Final Countdown and Journey’s Don’t Stop Believing, but so worth it.
5. Till the World Ends by Britney
Or finals do –
6. Let it Rock by Kevin Rudolf
Because when I arrive [and kill that bluebook exam!], I… I bring the fire-
7. I Feel For You by Chaka Khan
I feel for you… [you can do it! Take a break and dance a bit!] I feel for you……
8. Sleepyhead by Passion Pit
To wake you up, sleepyhead! Semi-liquid energy.
9. Higher Ground by Red Hot Chili Peppers
Keep on turnin, cause it won’t be too long… keep on sailin’ on to higher ground!
10. Upular (Pixar Remix) by Pogo
Always “Up”-lifting. (Get it, Get it?)
11. Coming Home by Diddy – Dirty Money
Almost there! So close… and then you can sleep/rock out/begin your next adventures!
What does your playlist have blasting out of those earmuff library headphones? Comment with your favorite tunes below!